I was invited to attend a free seminar the other day. It was held by a company called CF Web Professionals. It was all about social media; blogging; creating web pages; what to do, and not do, in this crazy networking world we find ourselves in today. Trying to learn all this can be so time-consuming. I am starting on some new projects and was hoping to take the “express route” in learning some of this stuff. “Go digital, or go home!” has become my mantra.
The instructors were great and I learned a lot about how to manipulate my way around Facebook; Twitter; and such. They also talked about “Search Engines” and the benefits of having your name “out there.” Because I am doing a couple of blogs, I decided to see if I was already “out there.” (Some of my friends think that about me, but that’s a story for another day.)
I woke up this morning about 4:20 a.m., and because there are not many activities I can engage in at that time of the morning without waking up my husband; I decided to check myself out on Google.
I proceeded to type in my name in that amazing little box called “Search”…and sure enough…there I was. And there were a whole bunch of ME! As I scrolled through page after page of listings under MY NAME, this is what I found out:
1. Apparently, three of me have died. (But don’t be sad. In all three cases, I lived a pretty long life.)
2. Two of me have been arrested. (I swear, people, I had nothing to do with it!)
3. I am a tattoo artist.
4. I am a magician in Las Vegas
5. I am getting together a family reunion.
6. I‘ve been “privately adopted.” (VERY privately! It’s news to me.)
7. I am a makeup artist.
8. A nude model; that also goes by the stage name “Wicked Weasel.”
9. And a Model/Dancer/whatever…who, apparently, is very upset because I have put “stuff’ out there about Jesus using HER NAME!
How wild is that! I don’t know about you, but that is “out there” enough for me!
Oh, I forgot one…I am also “Babe of The Week!”… but, wait just a minute, that really could be me! (Just kidding! At my age the only “hot” I have left comes in the form of “flashes!”)
I quit searching after about twelve pages of enlightenment. It was getting scary!
Well, now I understand why I am so tired at the end of the day. It’s a lot of work being ME! Makes you want to run right out there and Google yourself, doesn’t it? Prepare yourself…it could get ugly!